A few years ago, i needed to create a boot able webserver to load an CAD viewer. This went quite smooth with Server2Go. Now 2 years later, i wanted to do the same and it seems to have been improved and updated a lot. The latest update has been a while but still it is worth mentioning.
So what is Server2Go?
Server2Go is a Webserver that runs out of box without any installation and on write protected medias. That means Server2Go based web applications can be used directly from cdrom, usb stick or from any folder on harddisk without the hassle of configurating Apache, PHP or MySQL.
Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM. There are a lot of example usages like catalogue software, calculation programms, image campaigns etc.
- Free! No royalties
- Complete WAMPP Server-Stack
- Runs directly from CD-ROM, USB Stick or Harddisk without installation
- Full featured webserver (based on apache)
- PHP 5.x support with many extensions installed (i.e. gd)
- Supports SQLite databases
- Running on all Windows Win 98 and newer, MAC OSX support is comming
- Support for MySQL 5 Databases
- Supports many PHP extensions (GD-Lib, PDO…) by default
- Support for Perl 5.8