I needed to convert some video files (wmv, avi and mpeg) to 3GP, so i could view them on my mobile phone.
The first few hits where all commercial programs and i didn’t want to spend more then €10,- on this. After a few clicks i found 3GP Video Converter from smallvideosoft. It was free and supported all the file formats, so in a few clicks it was installed on my PC. The program was very user friendly and within a few minutes i had converted the first movie.
This may sound a bit to much like an add, but it isn’t. For these kind of things there are always commercial programs, but you know there are free ones out there. They are just not that easy to find. So hopefully this helps the next person who wants to convert wmv, avi and mpeg files to GP3.
- High-speed 3GP encoder with our own MMX/SSE/SSE2-optimized encoding core.
- Supports batch conversion. So, you can convert a number of video files at the same conversion settings at one time.
- Supports video codec: DivX, MPEG4, Xvid, H.263.
- Can set the video resolution, video quality, framerate and zoom mode (Letterbox or Stretch).
- Supports audio codec: AMR-NB, AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Coding).
- Can set the audio bitrate, audio frequency and audio channel.
- Has intuitive and friendly interface, and works as a wizard. So, it is very easy to operate.
- Free to use & free to register.