Around October Red Alert 3 will be released. Until that there is plenty of time to play the original Red Alert, which was released in 1996!
This might be old news to the real fans and die-hards, but for others this might be handy. To play Red Alert online you needed to through a lot of settings. That has been made a bit easier by following this guide on strike-team.net. It also works for Red Alert 2, and Renegade.
This program is a real must have if your looking for more then just MS Paint that comes with Windows!
I think most of you already know it, specially for those who don’t:
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
- Simple and intuitive tab-based multi-document user interface
- Now available in 8 languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish
- Interactive Gradient Tool that makes it very easy to draw and then fine-tune placement and coloring of a gradient.
- User-definable color palette (as opposed to just the color wheel)
- New effects: Clouds, Median, Unfocus, Outline, and an improved Sharpen
- More intuitive and more powerful toolbar
- Generally improved and cleaner user interface
- History files are now compressed to save disk space, reduce disk activity, and improve performance.
- “Merge Down” layer command
Operating system Windows XP (SP2 or later), Vista,Server 2003 (SP1 or later), Home Server, Server 2008
Processor 500 MHz or higher
RAM 256 MB (Recommended: 512 MB or more)
Free hard drive space 200 MB
Software Component .NET Framework 2.0
Graphics 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Spiceworks provides a free systems management, inventory, and helpdesk software application, Spiceworks IT Desktop, designed for network administrators working in small- to medium-sized businesses.
Spiceworks IT Desktop is used to inventory, monitor, manage and report on software and hardware assets. It also includes an integrated help desk system. Spiceworks runs on Microsoft Windows and discovers Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac OS X machines along with other IP-addressable devices such as routers, VOIP phones, printers, etc. Spiceworks is an advertisement-supported application and is written in Ruby on Rails.
Here is a feature list:
- Scan SNMP Devices
- Linux Scanning via an SSH login
- Alerts on customizable definitions (eg machines with no anti-virus or low printer toner)
- Ability to manage your software licenses
- Software automatically categorizes machines into groups. eg Laptops, servers, routers etc
- Ability to define custom devices
- Ability to compare one machine with another
- A Ticket system
- Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows Vista (with special settings), Windows 2003 Server (latest service packs recommended)
- 700 MHz Pentium class processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Firefox 1.5 – 2.0
- Internet Explorer 6.0 – 7.0
A few years ago, i needed to create a boot able webserver to load an CAD viewer. This went quite smooth with Server2Go. Now 2 years later, i wanted to do the same and it seems to have been improved and updated a lot. The latest update has been a while but still it is worth mentioning.
So what is Server2Go?
Server2Go is a Webserver that runs out of box without any installation and on write protected medias. That means Server2Go based web applications can be used directly from cdrom, usb stick or from any folder on harddisk without the hassle of configurating Apache, PHP or MySQL.
Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM. There are a lot of example usages like catalogue software, calculation programms, image campaigns etc.
- Free! No royalties
- Complete WAMPP Server-Stack
- Runs directly from CD-ROM, USB Stick or Harddisk without installation
- Full featured webserver (based on apache)
- PHP 5.x support with many extensions installed (i.e. gd)
- Supports SQLite databases
- Running on all Windows Win 98 and newer, MAC OSX support is comming
- Support for MySQL 5 Databases
- Supports many PHP extensions (GD-Lib, PDO…) by default
- Support for Perl 5.8
I needed to convert some video files (wmv, avi and mpeg) to 3GP, so i could view them on my mobile phone.
The first few hits where all commercial programs and i didn’t want to spend more then €10,- on this. After a few clicks i found 3GP Video Converter from smallvideosoft. It was free and supported all the file formats, so in a few clicks it was installed on my PC. The program was very user friendly and within a few minutes i had converted the first movie.
This may sound a bit to much like an add, but it isn’t. For these kind of things there are always commercial programs, but you know there are free ones out there. They are just not that easy to find. So hopefully this helps the next person who wants to convert wmv, avi and mpeg files to GP3.
- High-speed 3GP encoder with our own MMX/SSE/SSE2-optimized encoding core.
- Supports batch conversion. So, you can convert a number of video files at the same conversion settings at one time.
- Supports video codec: DivX, MPEG4, Xvid, H.263.
- Can set the video resolution, video quality, framerate and zoom mode (Letterbox or Stretch).
- Supports audio codec: AMR-NB, AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Coding).
- Can set the audio bitrate, audio frequency and audio channel.
- Has intuitive and friendly interface, and works as a wizard. So, it is very easy to operate.
- Free to use & free to register.
It has been a while since my latest blog.
I have added a new program “Bankafschrift Converter” to my site. It converts CVS files from the RaboBank to .rtf files.
The Ogame tools on this website, are outdated and no longer available. The game has changed a bit and since i’m no longer playing Ogame, i’m not updating those tools.